Q. If the right and left click functions on the mouse have been reversed, how can I return them to the default settings (Windows 7)?
Answered By: Student1 Assistant Last Updated: Dec 05, 2014 Views: 20
1. Go to the start icon at the bottom left hand corner. Click on the start button.
2. In the search bar in the start menu, type in run. Click on the program labeled run under the results.
3. In the menu for the run program type in regedit. Hit the enter key on your keyboard.
4. If you get a pop up asking about whether or not you want to make permanent changes to your computer/ computer system click okay.
5. In the registry edit window, click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Several option will appear underneath the HKEY_CURRENT_USER option.
6. Click on control panel. Several options will appear underneath the control panel option.
7. Click on MOUSE.
8. On the right side of the registry editor screen, you will see several options. Click on the bottom right one labeled: SwapMouseButton. Double click on this.
9. An edit data screen will open. Under value data you will see a number either 1 or 0. If you are right-handed, put in the value 0. If you are left-handed, put in the number 1. Click okay.
10. Reboot your computer. Your new settings have been changed.