Answered By: Enterprise Systems Last Updated: Jul 24, 2018 Views: 42
Before you contact the Help @ Ames desk, make sure you have tried each of these things:
- Make sure your ethernet cable is firmly connected to both your computer and the wall port
- Check the wall port for physical damage
- Try using a different cable to connect your computer to your ethernet port. Did a different cable work?
- Try plugging a different computer into your ethernet port. Was the other computer able to connect?
- Try plugging your computer in a different port, check to see if it will connect
If you have exhausted all these options and are still unable to connect, contact the Help @ Ames desk. Staff at the Help @ Ames desk will ask for the IP address of your computer. You can find the IP address by:
- For Mac computers: Airport>Open Network Preferences>Ethernet>IP address
- For Windows computers: Windows Key+R>Type in "cmd" and press enter>type in "ipconfig" and press enter>listed under IPv4 Address